This is a proposal for a new page (not on the current portal) introducing the ETCs and then listing their public web sites and Interest Groups.
European Topic Centres (ETCs) are centres of thematic expertise contracted by the EEA to carry out specific tasks identified in the EEA Multiannual Work Programme and the annual work programmes. They are designated by the EEA Management Board following a Europe-wide competitive selection process and work as extensions of the EEA in specific topic areas. Each ETC consists of a lead organisation and specialist partner organisations from the environmental research and information community, which combine their resources in their particular areas of expertise. The ETCs, working together with Eionet countries, facilitate the provision of data and information from the countries and deliver reports and other services to the EEA and Eionet.
At present (2018) there are six European Topic Centres working with EEA and the national Eionet partners:
- ETC for Air pollution and Climate Change mitigation (ETC/ACM)
- ETC on Biological Diversity (ETC/BD)
- ETC on Climate Change impacts, vulnerability and Adaptation (ETC/CCA)
- ETC on Inland, Coastal and Marine waters (ETC/ICM)
- ETC on Urban, Land and Soil systems (ETC/ULS)
- ETC/ULS public site
- ETC/ULS Interest Group on the Eionet Forum
- ETC on Waste and Material in Green Economy (ETC/WMGE)